Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rick Warren On The Most Countercultural Thing You Can Say

If you move in Christian circles today or have done so in the past ten years, you will be familiar with Rick Warren and his book, The Purpose Driven Life. A copy of that book sits to hand on my bookshelf as I type this. I confess I've struggled to read it from cover to cover, but it is there and it a useful introduction to faith, as the Alpha course was in its day. I ran across Warren on Newsweek's Beast TV today, and in a short interview he has some interesting things to say about social media (he's kidding about going to hell if you don't follow him on Twitter ... I think), the top two mistakes young people make, and the most countercultural thing you can say today.

No comments:

Mad Padre

Mad Padre
Opinions expressed within are in no way the responsibility of anyone's employers or facilitating agencies and should by rights be taken as nothing more than one person's notional musings, attempted witticisms, and prayerful posturings.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels