Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Military Picture Of The Week


Happy New Year.  January’s not over yet so I can say that, since I haven’t posted here since 29 December.  Finishing my MA thesis has taken much of my time but while I have been updating the wargames blog, this one has been awkwardly silent.  Maybe it’s felt too much like work.
At any rate, time to pick things up a bit.  This image from this week’s Foreign Policy The World In Photos This Week caught my attention as a splendid example of how cultural traditions can live on in together with contemporary, utilitarian military uniforms.  The caption reads: “Recruits of the Indian Central Reserve Police Force Constables stand in formation, Jan. 16”.
7
The CRPF is a paramilitary organization.  You can see them going through their paces here.

No comments:

Mad Padre

Mad Padre
Opinions expressed within are in no way the responsibility of anyone's employers or facilitating agencies and should by rights be taken as nothing more than one person's notional musings, attempted witticisms, and prayerful posturings.

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels